Eligibility: Employees of CMI Publishing and the contest sponsors are not eligible. There is no limit on the number of entries that any one contestant can submit.
Entry Deadline: Entries will be received until 11:59 pm MST, November 24, 2018.
Photo Submissions: Are limited to photos taken on or near the Cowboy Trail in Alberta. Digital images should be saved as JPEGs, in CMYK mode at 300 DPI. All images should have minimum dimensions of 4” by 6”.
All entries must include the name and contact information of the photographer, a caption for the photo, and specifics on the date and location as to when the image was taken. By entering the 2018 Experience the Cowboy Trails Photo Contest, contestants agree to have their contact information shared with the contest sponsors.
Here’s How to Enter:
- Mail your entry to: CMI Publishing, 116 Parkview Way SE, Calgary, AB, T2J 4M8.
- Complete your Photo Contest Entry and Upload your image(s) here.
- Email your entry to hannah @ cmipublishing.ca
Photo submissions will be reviewed on the basis of technical quality, creativity, composition, and overall impact. The winners hereby agree to have their names, photos, and entries published by CMI Publishing on our web sites and in subsequent editions (both print and digital) of Experience the Cowboy Trails. Judging of the entries will be conducted by a panel of professional photographers. All decisions by the judging panel will be final.
Rights: Photographic submissions remain the property of the photographer. The sponsors reserve full usage rights of all entries for a period of three years, without cost, for use in tourism brochures, and any other corporate promotional materials. CMI Publishing reserves the right to showcase all winning and honourable mention photography indefinitely within printed and digital editions of Experience the Cowboy Trails, on the CMI Publishing website and within contest promotional material. Sponsor rights shall not include the sale of submitted photographs to other parties or other commercial use. Photo credits will be provided where possible at the discretion of the sponsors.
- Please allow 2 business days for us to actually approve and post your entry
- Your photo might be optimized according to best practices for Web display
- We will post other contests and specials, so refer to our blog page weekly, and
- Remember to follow BHarris_Calgary on Twitter
Bar U Ranch
- Entry for 2 Adult (Youth under 17 are free)
- Four tickets for the Cowboy Cuisine
Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump
- 2 hr Guided Tour w/ Blackfoot Guide
- 3 hr Interactive Basics of Buffalo Hunting
Remington Carriage Museum
- Carriage Ride
- Special Tours
- Dinner for 4
The Great Canadian Barn Dance
- 4 Country Style Buffet Dinner
- Barn Dance Tickets (2 Adult and 2 Youth)
- 2 Nights Stay in our Family Campground
Stoney Nakoda Resort
- 2 night’s accommodation
- Voucher for buffet dinner for 2 people
- Continental breakfast each morning